The past year has been a year of unprecedented challenge. These challenges have made the mental health and wellness of billions around the world more critical now than ever before. There are plenty of things you can do to help make sure you keep yourself mentally healthy.
In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month in May, Project Pneuma has compiled a short list of ideas to help you strengthen your mental health. Some are more direct and challenging, while others are more comforting. Some focus on self-love, while others help unpack complex emotions. No matter what your needs are, there is an idea here that works for you.
- Take a break.
- Write down five things you are grateful for or start a journal.
- Read a self-help book.
- Get involved in physical activities or exercise.
- Avoid alcohol and other drugs.
- Try meditation, yoga, or other mindfulness practices.
- Buy yourself flowers or a nice gift.
- Put your phone on airplane mode and get rid of social media distractions.
- Spend some quality time with those you love.
- Ask for help or seek therapy.
Remember to take care of yourself and be loving to those around you!
P.S. Project Pneuma is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.