Fathers are more than just second adults who grace our homes. They bring benefits to children and families and serve important roles. Despite the depictions of fathers in entertainment and media, dads are vital to the healthy development of kids.
A father’s role in a home is essential to good mental and physical health of children Let’s honor our fathers and talk about why their engagement matters. Here are five reasons why:
- Fathers help increase intellect: An active father can help increase your child’s emotional intelligence and problem-solving capabilities.
- Fathers provide someone to look up to: Fathers provide a positive male role model for their child(ren) and help to promote/reinforce good behaviors.
- Fathers provide a different perspective: Active fathers have a unique opportunity to share their perspective on life and teach their kids valuable life skills.
- Fathers help boost confidence: By helping kids to understand how much they are valued and loved, children with supportive fathers are more likely to have high self-esteem and are generally happier and more confident.
- Fathers provide love: Having an active father makes a child feel loved! Having a dad as a steady source of love and encouragement helps children develop happy and healthy lives, with high self-esteem.
P.S. Project Pneuma is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.